THE BULL & BRANCH PRESS
Every year the Friends of Dard Hunter produces 4 printed projects for members. The projects are:
- A spring postcard
- The Bull & Branch Winter Publication
- The Bull & Branch Fall Publication
- A winter postcard
Each project focuses on a theme related to hand papermaking. Be sure that your membership is active with an up to date mailing address so you don't miss out on receiving these printed materials. You can view electronic archived issues of the Bull & Branch via the FDH membership portal.
For the FALL ISSUE of Bull & Branch we are looking to learn more about what your relationship is with paper. Did you study papermaking in school, do you teach at a university, or maybe you fell in love with the pages inside a book in a library and became a rare book conservator? Whatever is was that made you take a deeper look at paper we want to hear about it! Tell us your paper story, and why you keep coming back for more.
Your article can be as personal or as broad as you would like. It can be about a moment in time, or a relationship woven through your life. The idea is to tell your unique story and inspire others.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Articles Due August 26, 2018
- Article (300-600 words)
- 1-3 photos of process, 300dpi, min. 8”
- Email to
Optional: Include a Paper Sample
- Mention your interest in your email to the Editor, and details will follow.
- 300 handmade paper samples at about 2”x3”.
- Your samples will be featured next to your article in this issue.
- Handmade paper tip-ins due Due August 26, 2018 (this is the postmark date to get your paper in the mail)
- More details will follow, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started and express your interest
Don't Want to Write, but Want to Get Involved? Make a Handmade Paper Cover!
- Postmark by September 7th, 2018
- 30 sheets (needed from 8 members)
- 8.5" x 17"
- a heavier, cover-stock weight is appropriate
- Color, fiber type, etc., is up to you!
- Email email@example.com to express your interest and get shipping info